Graphic Design Specialist
Department: Commercialization, Communication & Engagement (CCE)
About the Graphic Design Specialist Position:
Clean power is positioned to help solve two of America’s biggest challenges: rebuilding our economy and addressing climate change. The American Clean Power Association (ACP) is a growing association leading the way forward on these solutions.
As part of the Commercialization, Communication and Engagement team, the Graphic Design Specialist will provide graphic design services for association-wide advocacy and communications efforts and member and event marketing needs across a variety of channels including print, digital, social media, interactive and video.
We are looking for a well-rounded generalist who has deep Adobe Creative Suite capabilities and experience designing materials such as print and digital advertisements, infographics, social media graphics – both still and animated, reports, brochures, and experience with video editing.
The position will work closely with internal communications, marketing, and research teams to create compelling graphics and design materials to advance ACP’s mission and policy goals. This position will also collaborate with other departments across the organization (like subject matter experts) to ensure consistency and maintain our brand identity across all our communications and marketing channels.
The Graphic Design Specialist will craft communications and advocacy graphics and other marketing, report, event, and membership collateral as needed, including video.
- Collaborate with the Communications, Marketing and Research (advocacy) teams and staff to visually represent initiatives, campaigns, and events into a compelling visual format across digital and print mediums.
- The Graphic Design Specialist will create and maintain fresh, audience-focused designs for report releases, social media, website, marketing, signature events. Examples of such work include:
- Recurring (Quarterly & Annual) and new research reports/briefs and brochures
- Infographic, fact sheets, and brochure designs
- Social media graphics, GIFs, video for ACP’s social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Advertising and event sponsorship materials
- Graphics for speaking engagements
- Event graphics for email marketing, advertising, social media and on-site use
- Create/edit videos to highlight, recap, and promote various ACP endeavors and events
- Maintain the organization’s visual brand identity, including the use of logos, and develop branded assets for organization-wide use.
- Update and maintain existing design products, providing updates to key elements when needed
- Maintain and organize resources including image and video libraries
- Consult and provide precise feedback on additional design and video projects to ensure branding is consistent across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in graphic design and video editing
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premier and/or other video editing programs
- Demonstrated ability to take complex policy topics and distill into easy-to-understand information within design elements
- Good project management capabilities and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet both short-term and long-term deadlines
- Ability to produce deliverables that may require a quick turnaround time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and extremely organized
- An expert with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail and creative eye
- Strong teamwork skills to collaborate with a broad range of association staff
Preferred qualifications but not required:
- Experience with Website Content Management Systems like WordPress and familiarity with HTML
- Experience with and/or knowledge of animation and data visualization a plus
- Interest in/knowledge of social media
- Passion for renewable energy
Note: Interested candidates must provide samples and/or portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
With ACP’s exciting and ambitious agenda, this job is likely to include challenging work that will sometimes need to be completed on a tight deadline. Our employee team is friendly, growing, and driven by a commitment to our mission. We provide a competitive benefits package, and we are both telework-friendly and easily accessible in person via public transit. ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information see www.cleanpower.org.
How to apply
Resumes and design samples/portfolios can be sent to: email@example.com.
Please indicate “Graphic Design Specialist” in the subject line.
Join American Clean Power
Take a seat at the table as we discuss the most important policy decisions facing our industry, exchange information and best practices with other leaders, receive exclusive policy briefings and invitations to attend industry events, and gain access to proprietary industry data and tools that can help grow your business.
Subscribe to American Clean Power and receive the latest renewable energy news, policy updates, and opportunities to get involved.