Energy Community Lessons Learned Survey
The Energy Transition for All (ET4A) initiative at the American Clean Power Association (ACP) is committed to a just and equitable transition that provides benefits in the communities in which we operate, particularly those “energy communities” that have historically been left behind.
Share your Projects
If your company is currently building or has future plans to build a renewable energy project in an energy community, we would like to hear your story.
What is an energy community?
An energy community can fall into one or multiple categories:
- A brownfield site;
- A metropolitan or non-metropolitan statistical area with an unemployment rate at or above the national average and at least 0.17% of employment or 25% of local tax revenues related to the extraction, processing, transport, or storage of coal, oil, or natural gas at any time beginning in 2010; or
- A census tract, or adjacent census tract, where a coal mine closed after 1999 or a coal-fired generating unit was retired after 2009
How will we use the information you provide?
The information gathered will be used to produce a resource that shares the approaches and results of different strategies used by renewable energy companies during their engagement and outreach efforts with local communities. Information shared can remain anonymous and determined by each participant. These learnings and best practices will be aggregated and shared with ACP member companies to promote a more consistent and effective approach to the industry’s engagement within energy communities.
How to submit your information
There are 3 ways you can submit your project information:
Submit information for one or multiple projects online
Join American Clean Power
Elevate Your Business with Insider Access:
- Policy Direction: Your voice in critical industry discussions.
- Exclusive Networking: Learn directly from key players in clean energy.
- Insider Information: First-hand access to policy insights and premier events.
- Advanced Tools: Our proprietary data at your fingertips to drive growth.
Act now to become a defining part of clean energy’s future.
Subscribe to American Clean Power and receive the latest clean energy news, policy updates, and opportunities to get involved.