Apply to the ACP Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in joining the American Clean Power Association (ACP) Board of Directors. All members of ACP who meet the below requirements are eligible to be nominated to the Board of Directors, except for Non-Profit, Academic, and Government members. These roles are vital leadership positions within the industry and will require a substantial time commitment and dedication of resources.
- Must be a representative of a member in good standing of ACP;
- Must be willing to fulfill the legal, fiduciary, and financial responsibilities of a Director; and
- Must be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and/or President for their company or organizations.
There may be rare instances for particular companies where the individual holding this title would not reflect the logical candidate to serve on the Board. In those instances, the Director must still hold a senior-executive title and satisfy the following additional qualifications:
- Hold the senior-most U.S. leadership position for clean power in a commercial role with profit and loss (P&L) responsibility;
- Have the authority to commit their company to industry initiatives and policy stances; and
- Hold budgetary authority to approve resource decisions for the membership dues and any other contributions to the organizations.
Each year there are nearly 5x more applicants than available positions. The Nominating Committee, a subset of the current Board of Directors, uses the following criteria in evaluating applicants:
- Demonstrates a history of service to ACP and the industry;
- Possesses prior experience in leadership or governance roles in associations;
- Has willingness to dedicate the time needed to volunteerism and other activities to support the Board and the organization.
- Represents a company that adds diversity to the Board – technologies, business type, size, etc.; and
- Identifies as and has as an individual characteristic that adds diversity to the Board – personal demographics, experiences, involvement in the industry, etc.
If you are interested in being considered for an elected position on the Board of Directors, please submit the application below by November 1, 2023. IMPORTANT: Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Please note that the form must be completed in one (1) session and progress cannot be saved.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Join American Clean Power
Take a seat at the table as we discuss the most important policy decisions facing our industry, exchange information and best practices with other leaders, receive exclusive policy briefings and invitations to attend industry events, and gain access to proprietary industry data and tools that can help grow your business.
Subscribe to American Clean Power and receive the latest renewable energy news, policy updates, and opportunities to get involved.