Apply to the ACP Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in joining the American Clean Power Association (ACP) Board of Directors. All members of ACP who meet the below requirements are eligible to be nominated to the Board of Directors, except for Non-Profit, Academic, and Government members. These roles are vital leadership positions within the industry and will require a substantial time commitment and dedication of resources.
- Must be a representative of a member in good standing of ACP;
- Must be willing to fulfill the legal, fiduciary, and financial responsibilities of a Director; and
- Must be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and/or President for their company or organizations.
There may be rare instances for particular companies where the individual holding this title would not reflect the logical candidate to serve on the Board. In those instances, the Director must still hold a senior-executive title and satisfy the following additional qualifications:
- Hold the senior-most U.S. leadership position for clean power in a commercial role with profit and loss (P&L) responsibility;
- Have the authority to commit their company to industry initiatives and policy stances; and
- Hold budgetary authority to approve resource decisions for the membership dues and any other contributions to the organizations.
Each year there are nearly 5x more applicants than available positions. The Nominating Committee, a subset of the current Board of Directors, uses the following criteria in evaluating applicants:
- Demonstrates a history of service to ACP and the industry;
- Possesses prior experience in leadership or governance roles in associations;
- Has willingness to dedicate the time needed to volunteerism and other activities to support the Board and the organization.
- Represents a company that adds diversity to the Board – technologies, business type, size, etc.; and
- Identifies as and has as an individual characteristic that adds diversity to the Board – personal demographics, experiences, involvement in the industry, etc.
The 2024 Board of Directors Application is now closed. Save this page for future records if you have continued interest, and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Join American Clean Power
Elevate Your Business with Insider Access:
- Policy Direction: Your voice in critical industry discussions.
- Exclusive Networking: Learn directly from key players in clean energy.
- Insider Information: First-hand access to policy insights and premier events.
- Advanced Tools: Our proprietary data at your fingertips to drive growth.
Act now to become a defining part of clean energy’s future.
Subscribe to American Clean Power and receive the latest clean energy news, policy updates, and opportunities to get involved.