A national poll* of American voters, released by ACP shows overwhelming support among voters for clean energy and its benefits to environment, jobs and the economy. Among the key findings:
- Ninety-three percent of American voters say clean energy is important to the country’s energy future.
- 80 percent of Americans believe that clean energy is as reliable or more reliable than traditional generation sources.
- Four in five voters, and a majority across party lines, support providing tax incentives for the expansion of the clean energy industry.
- 86 percent of voters believe it is important that, “The clean energy industry plays a major role in growing our economy by creating good-paying jobs in a fast-growing industry.”
- 83 percent of voters believe it is important that, “Transitioning to majority carbon free energy sources like land-based wind, offshore wind, and solar will help drive the clean energy economy forward while also benefiting our environment.”
- In addition, 89 percent of Americans favor upgrading the transmission and power grid to enable the expansion of clean energy to more communities.
The poll was released October 25, during the inaugural American Clean Power Week, an entire week dedicated to celebrating the ways clean energy is building a better future for the United States.
Click here to download a one-page fact sheet on the polling results.
*Poll of 1,000 registered voters conducted Oct 13-17, 2021, commissioned by the Clean Power Institute, and conducted by the bipartisan polling team of Public Opinion Strategies and Hart Research.