Commitment to Care
We Care About Your Safety!
We want you to have confidence in attending ACP in-person events. So that you can focus on making critical business connections while at our conference, we feel it’s important to give you as much information as possible about the things we are doing with your safety in mind.
We’re all in this together! As show organizers, we will design the event with the latest recommended COVID protocols in place and will share those details in advance of the event. As the host venue, the Salt Palace has prioritized health and safety measures including attaining the Global Biorisk Advisory Council STAR facility accreditation. And we ask all in-person participants to comply with the guidelines set forth by state and local authorities, CDC Guidance for Events, and venue requirements.
Based on what we know now, this will include:
- Handshakes are on hold, elbow bumps are more fun anyway!
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in numerous locations and all participants are asked to wash their hands frequently.
- Any catering will be provided in a way to limit cross-contamination in coordination with the venue catering team.
- Face masks / coverings will be required, should it remain a recommendation by the CDC.
- All participants may need to agree to participate in contract tracing if necessary.
- All participants may need to commit to do a self-screening for symptoms daily.
- A contactless temperature check may be conducted each conference day for all participants and staff before entering meeting space, should it remain a recommendation by the CDC.
- Participants should stay home or participate virtually if they feel sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
As we learn new information, we will update these measures in an effort to keep all attendees as safe as possible. You will be asked to sign a waiver and re-confirm your willingness to abide by the final set of COVID-19 protocols the week before any in-person event which may be slightly different from what is listed above should conditions and health recommendations change.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 as well as other illnesses such as the cold or flu exists in any public place where people are present. By attending an ACP in person event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the American Clean Power Association or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, or contractors liable for any illness or injury incurred, or potentially incurred, through participation in ACP events.