This week, ACP is in Salt Lake City, Utah for our first ever in-person CLEANPOWER Conference and Exhibition. After a great virtual summit in June that provided policy insights and business solutions to growing renewable energy in the United States, we are excited to gather in person to celebrate the progress made this year to accelerate the energy transition and prepare for what’s ahead in 2022.
This fall saw major federal action on clean energy legislation. From the signing of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act into law, which includes $65 billion in critical grid modernization investments , to the House passage of the Build Back Better Act, which brings the country one step closer to creating jobs and delivering community benefits to every state, momentum for clean energy continues. As the most targeted and efficient utility-scale renewable energy tradeshow in the United States, CLEANPOWER brings together the top minds in the clean energy industry and creates a collaborative platform for discussing issues that are important to industry professionals and their companies.
Our CLEANPOWER Conference Chair Leo Moreno, President, AES and ACP have assembled an all-star event here in Salt Lake City. Over the course of the next two days, attendees can look forward to hearing from headline speakers including:
- Gina McCarthy, White House National Climate Advisor
- Ali Zaidi, White House Deputy National Climate Advisor
- Brian Deese, White House Director of the National Economic Council Larry Summers, Former Secretary of Treasury
- Dan Yergin, IHS Markit Vice Chairman
- James Murphy, ACP Chairman | President and Corporate Business Leader, Invenergy
- ACP CEO Heather Zichal
In addition, attendees will hear from a diverse array of industry experts on topics including:
- Spotlight Utah: The Rise of Solar and Storage in the Clean Power Sector
- The Clean Energy Future: A Net Zero Grid Within Reach
- Financing During a Period of Tax Law Change
- Aging Fleets – Midlife Crisis or Time to Retire?
- A New Federal Focus on Transmission: What’s Next?
- Clean Power Supply Chains Through 2030
- Building the Clean Energy Workforce for the Future
- Renewable Energy – Leading & Developing the Energy Transition
CLEANPOWER’s Business Innovation Showcase Series will feature presentations that will highlight the latest innovations in renewable energy from industry leaders and experts. Presentations on our Business Innovation Showcase Stage include:
- AI for Renewables: Use Cases Beyond Failure Prediction
- Ultimate Hybrid Resource: Renewables + Storage + Electric Vehicles
- Doubly Fed Induction Generator Wye Ring and Connection Reliability, Repair and Upgrade
- A Future Powered by Renewables: Sustainable Generation at the Center of the Energy Revolution
- Reimagining Solar
- Addressing the Grid Impacts of Increased Renewable Generation
- Advanced Condition Monitoring using Electrical Signature Analysis
For this year’s CLEANPOWER Community Service Project, ACP has partnered with the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salt Lake (BGCGSL) with the goal of raising $30,000 to help fund the BGCGSL’s STEM education program activities that focus on teaching students about renewable energy. During the conference ACP and several industry leaders will visit the Spence Eccles Club to share their experiences working in clean energy during a Careers in Renewable Energy presentation to club members and students.
After so much time apart, CLEANPOWER is the perfect place for our industry to reunite and network. Registered attendees can utilize our official events app to connect directly with fellow attendees, view the exhibition floor plan and plan their schedule during the event.
There are also 60+ on-demand presentations available for viewing, in addition to all of the on-demand content from the June Virtual CLEANPOWER event.
With over 280 exhibitors and thousands of attendees, this is the return to doing business in-person we’ve all been looking forward to. The full agenda for the week can be found here. We look forward reconnecting with you at CLEANPOWER Salt Lake City!