Accurate resource assessment is a critical factor in developing successful clean energy projects and has a direct impact on which projects are financed and constructed and which are not. ACP’s Resource & Project Energy Assessment Virtual Summit taking place next week, is the place where meteorologists and engineers highlight recent advances and debate the critical issues affecting resource assessment.
The mix of on-demand and live sessions this year enables for a tremendous volume of technical content, covering topics relevant to our ever-evolving industry and facilitating this community’s central role in our energy future. Attendees can expect to come away with valuable insights into important matters that the industry uses to make energy predictions. With the help of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies, this will be a can’t miss event, enjoyed from the convenience of your home.
Early registrants took advantage of this week’s two bonus webinars, Python 101 and Wind Turbine Testing Using Nacelle LIDAR. If you couldn’t join us for those, you can still register for the full event and receive the recordings.
Next Week’s Schedule of Events
The Summit kicks off on Monday, September 27th with two pre-conference seminars, Solar & Storage 101 and Consortium for Advancement of Remote Sensing (CFARS). Both sessions are included with registration. The pre-cons will be followed up with a meet & greet with our fantastic program chairs Holly Burnett, Senior Vice President at Natural Power and Casey Fontana, Senior Project Engineer Renewables Engineering at Invenergy.
The Summit then gets underway from Tuesday through Thursday and is jam-packed with live streams, speaker Q&As and daily networking sessions.
The live stream sessions include:
- Offshore Wind Projects on the Horizon — How Far Off Are We?
- Water Cooler Talk: Time Series Energy Modeling
- Wake and Turbine Interaction
- Addressing Climate Extremes & Climate Change — What Can We Do?
- Lifetime Extension and Repowering
- Future-Proofing Projects Through Better Energy Production Estimates
In addition to live sessions, attendees also have access to on-demand sessions that can be viewed at their leisure.
Our on-demand sessions include:
- A Validation of Modelled Turbulence Intensity
- Applying Artificial Intelligence to Improve the Quality and Speed of Data Validation
- Are we ready for LiDAR only measurement campaigns?
- ERA5: Rad or Just a Fad?
- Identifying the Sea Breeze Circulation in the Region of the New York Bight
- ML Improvements to WindCube Turbulence Intensity Measurements at 5 Sites in Northern Europe
- Modeling Wind Farm-Atmosphere Interaction Effects using the Weather and Research Forecasting Model
- Pushing the limits of cross-site MCP
- Towards 100% Availability of Wind Measurements
- What Happens When Few Tb of Windflow Model Time Series meet 40 metmast towers?
We know it’s been difficult to stay connected during this time of distance, so we made sure to include networking opportunities every day during the event to help you build and maintain your professional relationships.
- Opening Reception: Meet & Greet with the Program Chairs and Committee
- End the first virtual summit day right by taking the opportunity to connect with other attendees and meet with the Resource Assessment Program Committee face-to-face in an easy-to-use video chat room platform.
- Daily Speaker Meet and Greet Sessions
- Close out your day at the summit by chatting with the day’s speakers and other attendees. This give you an opportunity to ask speakers any questions that weren’t addressed during the session or take a deeper dive into topics.
This year’s virtual event promises to be of incredible value to anyone in the renewable resource assessment industry. The full agenda can be viewed here.
Register now to join us!