Andrew Linehan Award
In January 2010, the clean energy industry lost a true champion and leader in the siting community, when Andrew “Andy” Linehan lost his long-term battle with cancer. Prior to his passing, Andy exhibited his leadership time and again through his participation in both the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Wind Energy Guidelines Federal Advisory Committee and the Wildlife and Federal Permitting Committee. He identified new and cost-efficient ways (examples include his contributions to the creation of the Renewable Energy Wildlife Institute (formally known as the American Wind Wildlife Institute) and the creation of the industry’s first fleet-wide avian and bat protection plan) to address the variety of siting issues facing the industry. Through his leadership and overall enthusiasm for the industry and the environment, Andy represented the epitome of environmental and professional excellence. This award is presented in his memory to those leaders in the siting community who exhibit similar qualities and are constantly striving to improve the siting practices of the clean energy industry, an endeavor that in turn helps to preserve the collective brand image that sets this industry apart from other forms of energy generation.
- Individual has worked in the clean energy industry for three or more years.
- Individual is in a leadership position with development or owner/operator company and able to influence siting/permitting policy for their organization.
- Individual has demonstrated leadership in the area of siting and has helped advance a new or unique way of addressing siting issues which serve to benefit the industry as a whole.
- Individual engages regularly with the ACP Wildlife and Federal Permitting Committee or related subcommittees, and other stakeholders so that the broader industry benefits from the work/experience.
- Preferably, but not required, the individual should display an interest in wildlife, conservationism, bio-recreation, etc., outside of work life.
The Andrew Linehan Award for Environmental Excellence will be presented at the ACP Siting & Environmental Compliance Conference.
2020 Tim Hayes, Duke Renewable Energy
2019 Rene Braud, Pattern Energy Group
2016 Christine Calabrese, EDP Renewables North America LLC
2014 Roby Roberts, EDP Renewables North America
2013 Kevin Martin, Terra-Gen Power, LLC
2012 Stu Webster, Iberdrola Renewables
2011 John Calaway, Pattern Energy Group LP
2010 Michael Azeka, AES Wind Generation
Join top developers and experts to address crucial siting and environmental compliance topics.
ACP’s Project Siting and Environmental Compliance Conference is the place where industry leaders, experts and external stakeholders discuss the most challenging issues of the day.
Sponsoring gives you the opportunity to broadcast your company brand.
Sponsoring ACP’s Project Siting and Environmental Compliance Conference generates exposure for your company that helps establish you as a market leader. Click the button below to explore the available sponsorship opportunities for this year’s event.