Andrew Linehan Award
This award is presented in memory of Andrew “Andy” Linehan to leaders in the permitting and environmental community who go above and beyond in their positions and are constantly striving to improve the siting practices of the clean energy industry, create or support innovative conservation opportunities for renewable energy projects, and elevate and foster lines of communication and collaboration among renewable energy and wildlife stakeholders. It is such thought leaders that help to preserve the collective brand image that sets this industry apart from other forms of energy generation.
- Individual has worked in the clean power industry for three or more years.
- Individual is in a leadership position with development or owner/operator company and able to influence siting/permitting policy for his or her organization.
- Individual has demonstrated leadership in the area of siting and has helped advance a new or unique way of addressing siting issues which serve to benefit the industry as a whole.
- Individual engages regularly with the ACP Siting Committee and other stakeholders so that the broader industry benefits from the work/experience.
- Preferably, but not required, the individual should display an interest in wildlife, conservationism, bio-recreation, etc., outside of work life.
The Andrew Linehan Award for Environmental Excellence is presented each year at the ACP Siting & Environmental Compliance Conference.
Nominations are now closed.
In January 2010, the clean energy industry lost a true champion and leader in the siting community, when Andrew “Andy” Linehan lost his long-term battle with cancer. Prior to his passing, Andy exhibited his leadership time and again through his participation in both the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Wind Energy Guidelines Federal Advisory Committee and the Wildlife and Federal Permitting Committee. He identified new and cost-efficient ways (examples include his contributions to the creation of the Renewable Energy Wildlife Institute (formally known as the American Wind Wildlife Institute) and the creation of the industry’s first fleet-wide avian and bat protection plan) to address the variety of siting issues facing the industry. Through his leadership and overall enthusiasm for the industry and the environment, Andy represented the epitome of environmental and professional excellence.
Join top developers and experts to address crucial siting and environmental compliance topics.
Sponsoring gives you the opportunity to broadcast your company brand.
Sponsoring ACP’s Siting and Permitting Conference generates exposure for your company that helps establish you as a market leader.