“Why I Like Wind Power” Video Contest
AWEA is looking for videos that show why you like wind power. For example, has wind power:
- Brought jobs to your hometown?
- Re-opened a closed manufacturing facility?
- Helped pay for a renovation at your school?
- Or, simply brought a smile to your face?
Any and all ideas are welcome. Creativity and humor are a bonus. Emphasis on newer technology and/or people in the wind industry is encouraged.
- Videos must be unique, and not for marketing or promoting a particular company or service.
- Videos must be 1-2 minutes in length. If you send a longer video, please let us know which 1-2 minute segment we should watch.
- Only one video can be submitted per person or group.
- The submission deadline is midnight Eastern Time on Sunday, April 21 2013.
Step 1: Create a 1-2 minute video that describes why you like wind power or think it’s important (make sure that the video is your original work product and is not promoting any organization, good or service).
Step 2: Upload your video to a third party website, such as YouTube, or your own private website.
Step 3: Sign up for the Contest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with: (1) a link to your video, (2) a list of all persons involved in creating the video or who appear in the video, and (3) the following statement "By submitting this video, I agree (and warrant that the other contributors to the video listed in this email agree) to the terms set forth in the Official Rules and I consent (and warrant that the other contributors to the video listed in this email consent) to the use of the video and the likenesses appearing the video as set forth in the Official Rules" (collectively, the "Entry") by 11:59 pm EST Sunday April 21 2013.
- GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize winner may choose from one of the following: (1) $1000 issued, at AWEA's sole discretion, in the form of an American Express gift card, or by check payable to the name on the Affidavit or (2) a VIP trip for 1 person to AWEA's WINDPOWER 2014 in Las Vegas, which includes round trip flight voucher, complimentary hotel stay at a hotel selected by AWEA near the location of the conference, and a pass to the WINDPOWER conference. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of up to $2,100, depending on the option selected. All other expenses associated with the trip are winner's responsibility. Thus, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, ground transportation to and from the airports, as well as any service charges, security charges or insurance, gratuities, baggage overage charges, taxes, travel activities, meals, alcoholic beverages, upgrades, and incidental expenses shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and are excluded from the Prize.
- ONE SECOND PLACE PRIZE: The Second Place Prize winner may choose from one of the following: (1) $500 an American Express gift card, or by check payable to the name on the Affidavit, (2) a one-night complimentary hotel stay at a hotel selected by AWEA near the location of the seminar and registration for any AWEA-sponsored seminar in 2013, or (3) a black/white 16GB Wi-Fi enabled Apple iPad2. The second place prize has an approximate retail value of up to $1500, depending on the option selected.
- ONE THIRD PLACE PRIZE: 1 Third Place Prize will be awarded: a $250 American Express gift card.
- FOURTH THROUGH SIXTH PLACE PRIZES: The fourth through sixth place winners will receive a $100 American Express gift card.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are 21 years of age or older at the time of registration, (or, if under 21 years of age, have provided these Official Rules to their parent or guardian and obtained their parent or guardian's consent to enter the Contest, submit a video and grant the rights granted herein) and a legal resident of, and currently located in, the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. territories and possessions). The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Contest is not open to employees, officers and directors, or to members of the immediate family or household of any employee, officer, or director of AWEA, its affiliates, vendors, or contractors, or any advertising or promotion agencies involved in the Contest.
No purchase is necessary to win. The Contest will run between 12:00:00 a.m. ET on April 1, 2013 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 21, 2013. Winners will be selected following a nationwide vote on AWEA's YouTube channel and notified on May 2, 2013. Contest is open to all U.S. residents who have reached the age of majority in the state in which they reside. Please see our Official Rules located at (http://powerofwind.com/blog/post/awea-wind-power-2013-video-contest-official-rules_1) for more information. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
Aggregate value of all prizes to be awarded is approximately $2000-$4200 depending on prize options selected. This Contest is sponsored by American Wind Energy Association.